Your checklist for buying digital and identity design
Hey there, friends!
I work with design, and I spend my days helping clients like you bring their brand to life. Maybe you’re considering investing in digital and identity design. If so, I’ve got your back.
You see, design isn’t just about pretty colors and shapes. It’s about telling your story and making it shine. But where do you start? Let’s break it down into a simple, relaxed checklist.
1. Understand Your Brand
- Who are you? Your business, I mean.
- What’s your story? Tell me about it.
- Who are your customers? Let’s speak their language.
Understanding your brand is the first step in any design process. Who is your business targeting? What makes you unique? By identifying who you are, what your story is, and who your customers are, you’ll create a solid foundation for your digital and identity design.
2. Set Your Goals
- What do you want? A logo? A website?
- What’s your budget? Let’s be honest about it.
- When do you need it? Time is precious.
You have to know what you want before you can get it. Is it a new logo or a full website redesign? What’s your budget? And what’s your timeline? Clearly defining these goals will ensure that you and your designer are on the same page.
3. Collaboration Time
- Share your thoughts. I’m all ears.
- Ask for drafts. Let’s get it just right.
- Give feedback. Don’t be shy.
Collaboration is where the fun begins! Share your thoughts and ideas. Ask for drafts to ensure everything is moving in the right direction. Don’t hold back on feedback; it’s essential for achieving the perfect final product.
4. Think About the Long-Term
- Need updates later? Let’s plan for it.
- Want different formats? Just say so.
- Think about copyrights. Who owns the design?
Design is not just a one-time thing. Think ahead. Will you need updates later? Different formats for various platforms? Consider the copyright issues too, so there’s no confusion down the road.
5. Seal the Deal
- Get it in writing. Agreements matter.
- Understand the payment terms. No surprises, please.
- Keep everything. Files, emails, sketches.
All set? Time to make it official. Get everything in writing, from agreements to payment terms. Keeping records of everything, even sketches, ensures clarity and can save headaches later.
Congratulations, you did it! Your brand looks amazing, and it’s time to share it with the world. Enjoy the moment, and don’t hesitate to thank your designer (though we might be just kidding about this part).
A Final Thought
Buying digital and identity design isn’t something you do every day. It’s special. It’s exciting. And yes, it can be a little nerve-wracking.
That’s why I’m here.
With this checklist, you’re all set to make a confident, informed decision. It’s your story, your brand, and I’m here to help you tell it in the most beautiful way.
Feeling better about it? Good. Now let’s get started.
Happy designing! 🎨